Tuesday, December 18, 2012

031. Goin' Vego - Sanitarium Kitchen

As an avid carnivore, a vegetarian restaurant wouldn't normally be my first choice to go for a satisfying feed but I had heard so much positive feedback and great reviews from friends about Sanitarium Kitchen that I thought I'd give it a go. 

Sanitarium Kitchen is a fresh, fully vego restaurant in the CBD. Open for breakfast and lunch during the week, it's a popular place for the 'suits' of the city for a creative and delicious vegetarian meal. The service is friendly and the venue is nice and open, nearby the cooling winds of the river. 

I visited the restaurant with a friend for lunch and I had the fried bocconcini with tomato and avocado salad. It was amazing. Admittedly, prior to my visit, I honestly wasn't a huge fan of bocconcini and I chose this dish purely for the fried component! But now I love bocconcini and this salad was fantastic. I think I would go back just for this. It was just so well put together and how fresh and healthy does it look?!
I haven't been to many fully vegetarian restaurants, I think they are quite rare in our little city so if you get the opportunity to go, Sanitarium Kitchen is a very good choice. It would be lovely if they were open on weekends because it would be a lovely place for a casual brunch/lunch. Sanitarium Kitchen is definitely recommended! 
Sanitarium Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment