The first of my birthday dinner ventures began with some close friends from work at The Laneway. This was a casual get together after work for a cocktail and burger to kick off my birthday week.
The Laneway is one of the four classy establishments housed under the Urbane Group of restaurants. It is much more of a casual affair in comparison to its fine dining sibling, Urbane. Primarily, The Laneway operates as a bar, however, I would actually just go there for the bar food. Now, it has been some months between this post and when I actually was at The Laneway and thus they have updated their menu. Nevertheless, I am sure that their quality has not waned. So on my particular visit to the venue, my friends and I were greeted with the most polite of barmen and swiftly given food and drink menus. I ordered the 'Brigitte Helm' cocktail and it was delicious. I ordered a burger (from which they had many to choose from when I was there) and you know when you can tell if the meat of high quality or not and flavours just ooze out of the patty, well that was my burger and it was fabulous. The general consensus from my friends were that their burgers were some of the best they had ever had.
Now, as I mentioned earlier, it has been some months between this post and my visit and I believe The Laneway were closed for a period of time. Checking out the website, the menu has changed, incorporating more tapas style dishes than mains. Still sounds delish though. Look like I'll have to go back for another visit.
Website: http://www.urbanerestaurant.com/the-laneway/
No comments:
Post a Comment