Thyme2 at the Sofitel Brisbane is home to a very classy and popular seafood buffet. Offering endless prawns, freshest of fresh oysters and quality cooked mussels, it is a seafood lovers dream. The restaurant itself is a delicately embellished, French inspired, stylish venue. The waiters and waitresses speak snippets of French to you as they deliver exceptional service.
I recently went to Thyme2 for a work Christmas lunch. Being Christmas, the theme was all around.
Chocolate fondue fountain
Macaroon baubles with glass snowflakes
Moet & Chandon Christmas bauble
Unfortunately, I did not take photos of the food, it was simply too good to stop and take a shot (above photos were taken after lunch, food baby in tow). As with every seafood buffet I go to, first stop is the seafood. I loaded up my plate with a heap of prawns, fresh oysters and some deliciously cooked mussel. The oysters and prawns were seriously fresh. You can really taste the difference when seafood has been out for a while or when its so fresh it tastes like it just came out of the sea; this was the latter. There were mains from Modern Australia, India, China all with enough dishes to satisfy even the pickiest people. There were more than enough desserts on offer; the chocolate fondue fountain with marshmallow sticks and apple jelly cups were popular among my work cohort. This is a wonderful buffet and I would highly recommend going. Visit the adjoining bar for a suite of delectable cocktails and premium high end liquor.



No comments:
Post a Comment