Saturday, December 24, 2011

016. Wagging our tongues: Wagamama

Working in the CBD, I have unlimited choices when it comes to casual lunch time dining. Wagamama's at Wintergarden is a favourite of mine. The usually quick, speedy and attentive service allows me to have a tasty meal with a friend during the lunch time rush and not actually feel rushed. Whenever I dine at Wagamama, I always without doubt get the same dish: Teriyaki Salmon. When you find a meal at a restaurant that is just always spot on delicious every time, it's hard to peel you away from a favourite.

On my last visit to Waga's, I was with my dear friend Brett . Our mandatory entree is the Sweet Potato Kusabi that comes with a delectable Wasabi mayonnaise. On this occasion, I took a mammoth decision and stepped away from my usual Teriyaki Salmon and went for two entrees; Chicken Gyoza and Beef strips with crunchy noodles.
Beef strips with crunchy noodles, Chicken Gyoza & Sweet Potato Kusabi
Verdict? I wish I had stuck with my usual meal. The gyoza were amazing as usual and I cannot fault thee. It was the noodles I had a problem with. The only part of the meal with flavour was the beef strips but you couldn't eat the beef together with the noodles. Granted this was supposed to be an entree, not a main meal, but logic tells me that two entrees can equal a main right? Right? (okay fine). So I was left a little peckish still (possibly because I only ordered 3 gyoza and left most of the noodles). Safe to say, I'm sticking with my old fav! 

No comments:

Post a Comment