Cicada is one of many fine venues owned by the Cicada Group in Brisbane and presents itself as a classy restaurant slash bar. Beautifully presented venue with friendly staff, it's a favourite haunt of suits and office workers for after work drinks. This is evidenced by how incredibly packed it gets on a Friday afternoon. I've frequented for drinks before but only just recently had a meal. I ordered the Calamari: calamari, salt & szechuan pepper, soft leaves, cucumber, cherry tomato, light chilli soy dressing.
The calamari
My meal arrived promptly and it was very tasty. Crispy calamari with creamy and perfectly garlic infused aioli was balanced well by a fresh light salad. It was a perfect portion size for a not too heavy mid-week lunch!
I am a huge fan of the restaurants owned by the Cicada group; Sparrow + Finch and Firefly being two of my favourite lunch haunts.

No comments:
Post a Comment